Want to know how to completely uninstall Better Discord from your PC? This guide has 2 quick and simple methods for both Windows and macOS users.
Customizing the Discord client with themes and plugins may not be for everybody. Maybe you found Better Discord just isn’t your cup of tea, and the stock Discord layout is perfectly fine.
Besides that, if you’re finding issues with Better Discord, you might be considering uninstalling it altogether. But before you flip that kill switch🛑, we suggest checking our guide with 9 fixes to solve when Better Discord is not working.
Can Completely Uninstalling and Reinstalling Fix Better Discord Issues?
The short answer is, yes, sometimes it can!
Indeed, completely uninstalling, and then reinstalling Better Discord is often an incredibly effective fix for various Better Discord-related issues.
This might be because the first installation of Better Discord was incorrect. Thus, by prompting the installation again, you can ensure that the software is correctly implemented.
Also, Discord themselves may have released an update which is interfering with the Better Discord add-on. Hence, by reinstalling Better Discord, you’re ensuring it’s installed again with the latest updates, which makes it well-adapted to the latest Discord version.
On that note, we prepared this guide to help you completely uninstall Better Discord from your PC. Plus, some users were reporting that the Better Discord was not being uninstalled despite trying “everything”. Hence, we’ve added 2 different methods that you can try, in case 1 fails.
So, if that sounds sweet, let’s jump right into the methods🪂.
But before proceeding with the steps, ensure that you’re using BandagedBD, which is the current official version of Better Discord. You can download the BandagedBD installer from their Github page by clicking here.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Using the Better Discord Installer
This first method is the easiest way to uninstall Better Discord. In case you didn’t notice, when installing BandagedBD, there was actually another action available in the installer menu to Uninstall BandagedBD. Thus, the great BandagedBD devs have actually prepared a handy tool that makes uninstalling literally as simple as a push of a button 👉🔘.
Therefore, to uninstall Better Discord using the installer:
- Firstly, open the Better Discord installer you downloaded. Or you can download it again from their Github page by clicking here. Choose the download link according to your OS (Windows, macOS).
- After that, from the list of actions, select Uninstall BandagedBD.
- Next, tick the Remove from Stable box, and under Additional Options, tick both the boxes (Remove all BandageBD data, Restart all Discord Instances).
- Finally, click the Uninstall button.
As long as you tick Remove all BandageBD data, the uninstaller will delete the Better Discord data for you. So, if you check your AppData folder, you should no longer see the BetterDiscord folder.
Method 2: Completely Reinstall Discord
Suppose after the first method, you still find that Better Discord is popping up and not uninstalling. In that case, this second method should provide a more effective removal. By wholly uninstalling Discord, you’re removing all its data which is stored locally. Along with that, you’re deleting its extensions as well, including Better Discord.
But don’t worry, as you won’t lose any crucial data through this step. After you’ve finished reinstalling Discord, the client will update with your information from their servers.
The only downside to this step is, you’ll need to navigate to the Discord files to delete them. Hence, it certainly involves more steps and can be tedious compared to the previous.
However, with the following simple steps, we’ll guide you through completely uninstalling and then reinstalling Discord. Also, you can refer to our separate guide on reinstalling Discord if you would like to read more.
Completely Uninstalling Discord on Windows
- Firstly, open the Run prompt by pressing the Windows and R key together, then type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- After that, from the list of programs, look for Discord, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
- Next, you’ll need to remove all traces of the previous Discord app from your PC. For this, navigate to the Discord AppData and Roaming folder. So, press the Windows and R key together, and at the Run prompt enter %appdata%.
- Then, from the File Explorer, delete the Discord file.
- Afterwards, open the Run prompt again (Windows + R) and enter %localappdata%.
- Then again, from the file explorer, delete the Discord file. This step is to remove the Discord app data in the Local folder.
Completely Uninstalling Discord on macOS
- Firstly, open Finder, select Applications from the left pane, right-click the Discord app, and then select Move to Trash.
- Afterwards, open the Trash Bin, right-click it and select Empty Trash.
- Next, you’ll need to delete the Discord app data entirely. Therefore, select Go from the App Menu, then from the drop-down, choose “Go to Folder…”.
- Subsequently, in the search box type, ~/Library, and click Go.
- At the next window, search for Discord and delete the Discord file, by right-clicking it and selecting Move to Trash. Next, you can empty the Trash Bin again.
Installing the Discord Client on Windows and macOS
Finally, for both Windows and macOS, go to the Discord website, and download the Discord client installation file.
Then, run the installation file and proceed with the usual guided installation steps.
After about a few minutes where the newly-installed Discord client is updating, it should finish installing successfully.
So, after performing the methods, are you still noticing Better Discord on your Discord app? Do check the User Settings if the BandagedBD settings are still appearing on the left pane.
If not, you can give yourself a pat on the back as you’ve successfully uninstalled Better Discord🥳.
Now, that you know how to correctly uninstall Better Discord, you can try installing it again to resolve any issues you were facing with it earlier. As mentioned before, you might find reinstalling it is certainly a nifty fix for Better Discord-related issues.
Finally, we’ll like to hear from you:
- Are you facing any issues with uninstalling Better Discord?
- Were the above methods helpful for you?
We surely hope you found the above methods useful and easy-to-understand 😊! Do share this post with your friend who needs to uninstall Better Discord.